Thursday, March 15, 2007

50th anniversary

Hi

 

Do you know the year 2007 marks the 50th anniversary of the language FORTRAN? It is in February in the year 1957 that john backus and his team announced the arrival of FOTRAN. The more I read about it, the more interested I am in this language FORTRAN. Do you know in a way FORTRAN is said to be the point where all this IT industry began. A statement you might think to be too loud but when your read about the development of FORTRAN compiler, you will feel the same way as I do now.. 

 

I don't know if I have send u a link that describes the days that lead o the FORTRAN compiler development. The article was so vivid that it almost makes you feel that you are there with the FORTRAN team doing the work.  Anyway, if I haven't send that already then I will send it again or just search john backus inventor site: about.com 

 

Search This Blog