Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Finmeccanica's selection process and my experience !!!

Finmeccanica calling!! This is what the ad states. Well I promised that I will come up with a post talking about my experience with the interviewing process. I must say I had a good and exciting time last year when I had a telephonic interview. I applied for the program very late, to be precise on the last date of submission. Although there was an option of filling up the form on web asking all sort of HR-type questions, I preferred sending a plain email with my resume and a little cover letter. The next day I got a reply and the next day I got a call from London asking me for a time for a telephonic interview.

As usual I took the other day off from NAL (I used to work there then) and stated there reading all the basic stuff I thought they might ask. I knew the interview won't be technical but will mainly focus on my communication skills and on my motivation for taking up the opportunity offered by Finmeccanica!!

So I prepared on those lines. As the clock struck 3pm, I surely got the call, with my mobile fully charged; I was ready with a pad and pen. As usual the questions were as anticipated, HR round type, why you want to do this course, why this international career? What do you know about Finmeccanica and this course and describe one incident where you have worked in a team and succeeded and then one experience when you have not succeeded? Questions were like this. Please be sure that when you are on the telephone, you talk slowly. Remember the other person is from another county so he or she might have a little difficulty understanding our assent. But apart from that just confidently state your experiences. I have studied in ISC board and I always like the English language test because they always had a question on writing essay and they were always prepared for us to tell a story unlike the state board English papers where essays means writing about pandit jawarhar lal nehru etc. Well my point is the interview here will present the very same opportunity!!! It will ask you real question and will demand real answers. So guys and gals enjoy the whole experience.

Best of luck!!!


If you have no clue of what I am talking, read the post Finmeccanica calling!!!!

Related links


Finmeccanica's selection process and my experience !!!
finmeccanica calling
50 commons interview questions and answers
Finmeccanica -tips for telephonic interview




Search This Blog