Monday, May 19, 2008

How i cleared my Workshop technology exams in AeSI


Perhaps in section A of aeronautical syllabus of AeSI,workshop technology is the most feared subjects after principle of flights. Feared in the sense that the passing percentage of this subjects is very low.

In my days of AeSI, after clearing WT and hearing something from our maths faculty at GIE, i wrote a piece on How to pass WT exam. I am reprinting it here as i see that this is still relevant and aesi students will benefit from it applying it to any other subjects of AMAeSI exams.


Last Friday in our maths class, our maths teacher Mr. Sajath, pointed
out that "...the examiner won't take the pain of checking it
again !" He said that if an answer is not clear and not complete or
the answer is one step short of the answer he has in his hand and the
handwriting is not legible, then the examiner who is perhaps checking
100's of copies won't bother but mark the answer incomplete and move
on!. This remark set my thoughts in this direction.

Well thinking from the point of view of examiner, i think i will also
do the same if i am the examiner. Its natural that when he
encounter's bad handwritting, he will get irritated and won't bother
checking it. So what do we do ?

Why not capitalize on this trait of the examiner. I mean why not use
this fact to our favour. Why not aim to submit our answer sheet as
the neatest copy that the examiner receives !! This has advantages.
The examineer will pleased to see a neat copy. It known fact that
good handriting brings good feelings. Ya its true. Observe your
reaction when you see really nice and tidy work. Well the examiner is
also a human, so tidy answer sheet will set the right first
impression on the examiner's mind. Other advantage will be that you
yourself will not have difficulty revising your work if it is well
paragraphed and neatly written.

YA i am not babling i am taking from experience. Now after that
remark when i thought of my exams i felt how true the statement was
because my workshop tecnology exam is an example. I know my friends
who gave exams with me were much more proficient in theory and were
more capable but what cleared me was my neat work. That exams i
conciously made my work neat and loo my WT paper was cleared. Well
another example was Thermo exam!!

As i write this i can see a quote on my mousepad. It says

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.
BETTER THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO TRY.

How true. So its your turn now, you can wait for good things or by
trying get the better thing.


Related stories


How to FAIL in exams?
Tips for getting most out of your revision?
A unique revision system for exams
Some do and don't for the upcoming AeSI exams
How to pass exams?
Ebooks for aerospace
Wealth of knowledge in OURAeSI file section
Aerodynamics ebook on net
5 tips for studying for exams


Search This Blog