Thursday, August 07, 2008

Learn Ways to Do the Same Thing Differently.


In continuation with my 7 simple tips of getting the maximum out of your training this is the 3rd point in the list. You can see the original 7 simple tips for getting the maximum out of your training here.


Learn ways to do the same thing differently, as mentioned earlier, if the task is repetitive; think of ways to automate it. Think of the ways to make it more efficient. Since most of the work that you do is done on computers. So here is one opportunity that you shouldn’t miss. Computers main task is not to crunch data, but I have seen they are good automatic machines. Now you will say how do I automate? Well mate make Google your friend and seek that answer. Learning requires effort and you need to put that before you accomplish something.


Now if you are working on CATIA, SOLIDWORKS. Designing same thing again and again is also a passion killer, so try different things. You know you can draft this in this way, try something else. Explore the software to get the same thing done differently. This has 2 advantages.

1. You will not be bored with the same mundane work and
2. You will learn more tricks for the software.

So when you are stuck in doing the same thing again and again do it differently. While working on my first program of thermodynamics cycle analysis, I made it with C, but my guide wanted it in FORTRAN. I didn’t know it then. So began learning that and in a weeks time produced the first draft of the program in FORTRAN. I enjoyed the whole process as it challenged me!!

Have you had an experience like this, please do share your opinion. What 2 things will you suggest or have learnt while your training?

Related: Worries and concerns during training





Search This Blog