Friday, August 22, 2008

Should I skip applied mechanics

Someone recently asked...

my-aesi "Which is the best book for section a maths for applied mechanics in section-A or can I avoid this and still pass? "

 

Its not his question that intrigued me, its his latter comment about avoiding the section that made me roll my eyes..  wow see here is a man or should I say boy who wants to risk his 6 months by not studying a particular subject.

As far as I know AeSI, it is full of surprises, sometimes 80% of the syllabus is based on one particular section of the subjects, and sometimes 80% of the papers just the Xerox copy of previous semesters paper... so I think this guy will be taking a risk..... and that's not cool.

If you just want to pass why bother so much.. if your  intention is just to get by then why ask such questions just get by... but if you truly want to learn the topic and become an all round engineer, then think beyond the exams.... exams are just a check on your knowledge... but the real thing is how that will make you a better engineer. That's the big picture my friend... see that and you will know the answer if you need to study that particular section or not!!

Search This Blog