Thursday, October 16, 2008

Remember this thing after you pass out from AeSI

i have written on stuff of what to do while in AeSI,but in this post i will talk of what should one do after passing. what happens when you pass out. you are happy and ready for training or job that might come your way. Some get training from AeSI and some like me managed to get it on their own initiative. What happens after this is what I want to talk.

The first month or so is great as you learn new software,learn to apply your knowledge and get a grove in the topic you are working on. In my case as I joined NAL,I was assigned to compressor design project. I liked the subject and from then on devoured the subject and any material regarding that topic,so with continued work my interest grew,i was doing well. I developed software to design compressor,validated it and as grew,i even designed it in CAD tool solidworks and this piqued my interest in CAD tools and I went into that direction,learning and doing all kind of crazy stuff in it.I was progressing,learning. so this continues,then comes a date when I felt my confidence is good and I began applying for jobs actively. Make no mistake I did that before also but only this time I had real work and my resume showed my confidence. So as expected got though the call and I get invitation for the interview. This is where I felt things are not as rosy as I think they were looking. During the interview I saw I had good knowhow on compressor design but when it came to topics I studied in flights, my memory failed me,I am giving the right answers but I am not sure if the answer I gave is right. So after coming out of that interview I realized that for a person starting only good at one topic is not enough, you are expected to be good in the topics that you have studied

Search This Blog