Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 a review of myaesi – your chance to catch up!!

2008 is ending and many of the blogs I follow and read are coming up with their internal review of the year for 2008. This gave me the idea for this post. I will give month by month update on what has happened in this blog. This year I tested two new interface for the blog and also tested Google adverts for the blog and many other unique things that I would have never learnt if I weren't blogging

January

January began with a mail from a trainee in NAL and then there was good news for AeSI community and then I wrote one informational post regarding special information for AeSI student members and informed u about 59th AM of AeSI. Wrote about GPA and a small post regarding MS in aeronautical and turbo machinery in UK and US. Then there was Bishnujee’s response to AeSI's student membership cancellation after 8 years. and I end the month with Mistakes fresh AeSI graduates do in their interview.

February
AGM news in Hindu and waiting and announcement of results were the major news in this month, followed by announcement of Tata's entry in aerospace domain. Then I also did AeSI section A results comparison. and had some problems in posting... and wrote after exams what

March
Tips on resume from satyam, and I exclaimed about no enews from AeSI and asked you all best way to search job....and discussed  two basics questions regarding resume and how to prepare for interview and also warned graduates of AeSI on how to send resume and how to edit resume in a professional way.

April

No April fool for this month as I wrote about one cardinal rule that one must remember about interview. and posted my first ever Friday links. and posted about aerospace events of the week and about a new catia training centre launch.and touched upon 3 glaring mistakes AeSI graduates do. And posted links for online GATE preparations and preparing for aerospace interview. also shared GE interview questions,solidwork video tutorials,open letter to anna university.

May
May was the busiest month. posted about catia video tutorials,tips to pass AeSI exams,do and don'ts for AMAeSI exams, DRDA SET, and announcement of AeSI exams.

Also posted 7 signs of unprofessional resume. how to fail exams, tips for getting most of revision and revisited how I cleared my workshop exam and posted the map of examination centers of AeSI along with the announcement of Berlin air show and ended with actions that will take your career ahead.

June
This was the exam month and apart from exam related stuff I posted about industry CAD usage data, and informed you about the technical interview questions after DRDO set. Apart from this tools in aerospace and highlighted a cool tool to find tutorials and other eBooks for learning catia, solidworks. Apart from CAD programs I listed some useful jobs links for AeSI graduates and gave a general structure of a cover letter and talked about will I recommend AMAeSI to my friends and family. Informed about IIT course materials on YouTube.

I also gave general advice on 6 things that you should do in your last semester.

July

This month began with an unsuccessful contest that I ran, told you about how to accelerate your job search, resume sending tips and asked you are you taking gate 2009 exams?

I answered the question I want to work in core field, told you about Olympics and aerospace connection and updated you on the farnboroug air show and DAE university's decision to cancel aerospace and aviation program. Asked you which is the best study center for AeSI and advised AeSI students on things to do before they begin a new semester as we speculated about AeSI results and criticized IIT video lecture series and ended with tips on getting training and jump starting your next semester and stated tips to get employed after graduation.

august
This month began with important dates for gate 2009 and then I listed catia training centers in India. And talked about various things related to AeSI, like prospects after AMAeSI, 6 reasons to do training after AeSI and listed 3 websites every AeSI students should visit.

apart from the I listed the problems with AeSI degree and had a system crash and ended with tips to apply for job requirements and remarked why IIT lectures are boon to AeSI.

September
This month began with quantity vs. quality debate and reposted
Bishnujee 's message of take pride in AeSI degree. told you about kung fu panda advice. and this month saw the launch of solidworks 2009 and I saw my worst resume ever. Told you about 3 things my mentor at NAL taught me and did a section a analysis of AeSI results, and urged students of AeSI to make syllabus book there friends. also informed you about few important changes in gate 2009 format that you should know about. and argued about having your network for AeSI graduates and students. And also posted advice from rolls royce.

October
I began this month by talking about the AeSI communities on web and reacted about the worst resume of my life. I touched subjects of NAL training and how to became consistent like Australian cricket team and asked AeSI graduates to remember certain things after they pass out of AeSI. and informed you about the chandrayaan project. I also shared study tips that I learnt from my math's teacher at GIE. and then had a long delay.

November
Most of November I was out of station and I had a long delay,and posted Pratt and Whitney single core fan. and became my shorted month of posting this year.

December
I told you about why I write this blog, about inertia, and shared 4 tips on handling exam anxiety and told you about Vijay Malaya and shared an important lesson that my boss at NAL taught me and asked you to see the biggest full moon of the year.

well this is what I did on the blog for the whole year. Do let me know if I missed on something important. I would like to thank all of you for reading what I have to say. I hope in year 2009, I will be more consistent and will add value to AeSI student and graduates life. Do share your experience with myaesi with me. Thanks and happy new year everyone!!!

 Feel free to email this to your friends!!

Search This Blog