Thursday, January 15, 2009

Take up a Tool early on in your AeSI days

skills-aesi As I began after AeSI I had certain advantages and one advantage that set me up against all was my programming skills. This skills has helped me from the training days of NAL to till now. I am glad I was introduced to computers earlier on and this sparked my life long love with computers.

I guess the immediate responsive nature of computers have attracted me. From the time I have worked on, every year  I picked up some new skills in it an that in tern fueled the extra passion.When I entered NAL I was proficient in c due to my policy of writing one c program daily in my last semester, from there onward during the NAL days I got a hang on vbscript and VBA, and vb. As I gathered each skills and learnt new tools, this programming bug grew bigger. My majority of the task was on computers in NAL, even when I didn’t have any access to any tools because of license being occupied or system busy, I sat on a computer that had excel and tinkered with it.

This tinkering nature is the one which I will attribute all my learning success. Its this enquiring attitude that has made my life easy now as I accomplish things that might take days but now happen in couple of hours. Learning excel had brought so many benefits.

So take up a tool early on in your AeSI days, if you don’t have access to the big tools like catia, ansys, nastran etc. Don’t worry begin with excel.  You will be thanking yourself in the long run. Even you have no PC at hand utilize the cyber cafe pc or any PC that you can but make sure you learn and get a hang of the tool. Use the resource of internet. The excuse how do I do it is no longer valid. Every how is available on the net search. Why do you think I analyzed the results of AeSI  since 2002, yes analyzing it was part of my exercise to learn excel. That exercise taught me excel graphs!!! So take up a tool and begin tinkering. Proficiency in a tool is just a matter of hours that you will put in it. So put in some specified amount of time everyday. Be consistent and you will kiss the stars.

Search This Blog