Friday, May 08, 2009

3 useful tricks for sun solaris system

Operating systems are heart of a computer system. For me dos was the
first operating system I got introduced back in my early school days.
Windows 98 became the first operating system when my dad bought me my
first system. I grew most of my basic operating system skills in it.
Now zoom to today and I have began to trod with the sun solaris
machines. For last 6 months I have exclusively worked on this systems
and todays post is about 3 things that I use extensively in it.

They are preety simple but I wanted to document this for my own
reference.

The semicolon:- you can separate many commands in terminal by using ;
one of the best operator and this makes many tasks easy.

The escape key is another key that helps me a lot in getting the names
of files folders and in my repeated tasks.

I am a power user of dos prompt now but in sun solaris terminal, I am
just taking my first steps hope to master it by the end of this
current work assignment.

Well that's it. This was one of that indulgent post that I write just
to please myself. Hope it will be helpful to you in someways.

And if you are expert user in
Sun Solaris, do mention some other stuff worth mentioning in the
comments. I read each and every comment!!

Cheers for reading!!

Search This Blog