Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Knowing a software and applying it are totally different

Knowing a software and applying it has lot of difference. Knowing
Catia and Using it to model compressor, fuselage noses etc is totally
different game.

When you apply and are working on a real life problem it is then that
you see how much you wlll learn.

This thing happened with me in solidworks, I used to practise it
everyday but the real confidence came when I actually solid modelled
the mixed flow compressor with it. Till that time I knew what all
tutorials taught me. It was when I was assigned to solid model mixed
flow compressor that I got stuck in several place, in fillet then in
modelling the splitter blades, all this places I learnt a thing or two
about solidworks!

So the catch is always apply and put yourself in place where you can
apply the tool, if you do it consistently you will always learn
something new every time!!

Search This Blog