Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Want a job write a presentable resume

Recently I got a mail from someone who wanted some assistance in
getting a job. I asked the person to sent me his resume with a
coverletter. He did it but here are the list of things that I didn't
like and felt why his resume will not go down well with the HR

1. The coverletter was just two lines and it didn't have any
information what so ever.

2. Yes you are a fresher but don't make your resume a fresher!! At
least craft a resume that looks not just out of college. Even if he
hadn't told me, from his basic all education and subject details I
would have known that he is a fresher. So keep that stuff for the
interview, mention only subjects you want to highlight.

3. Resume's main purpose is to attact an interview. This resume forgot
that. It was a plain bio of what the person has studied in his AeSI
degree. State and present your facts as if someone looking for a
designer will find a design guy on it.

4. It had a generic objective with no regard or mention of field of
interest of the person. The resume shouted that put me in any job!!

5. Another thing that this basic resume declared loudly was I am
cheap, recruit me!!

As far as I am concerned I have to modify the resume before I send it
to our HR folks, so it's still pending in my todo list waiting.... So
if you want to send a resume to someone make sure it's presentable
without any modification!!!

To learn more about crafting your resume and coverletter visit
http://my-aesi.blogspot.com

Search This Blog