Tuesday, August 04, 2009

3 tips that you can apply to enhance your studies

After the announcement of AeSI results, starting out your new semester
is the next thing in aesi students mind. Here are some study tips you
can immediately apply to get the maximum out of your semester.

Imagine.
Yes, whatever you study imagine it. See it in your mind's big
blackboard. Connect whatever you have learnt with the previous.
Imagination is more powerful than knowledge, so utilize it.

Start small, and switch on your minds cinema to accelerate your
learning.

Draw.
Just reading is not sufficient. Get a pen and paper and start
outlining the concepts you pick by way of drawings. Draw what you have
studied.

This sharpens your understanding, strengthen the connections and glues
the information you learnt.

I have extensively used this technique during my aesi days for all of
the subjects. If you can look at my notes of aesi, you will find
papers crammed with little drawing, and line. So draw whatever you
learn.

Discuss.
The topics that I remember the most are the once that I had discussed
with my friends. The topics that still float around my mind are the
once on which I had heated discussion around the tea shop with my
friends. So discuss what you learn.

Present what you learn in an interesting way. Explain the topics in
different angle. Connect and tell your friends about how what your
studied is connected with what you already know.

Take a leap in imagination and make the stuff you learn interesting to
discuss.

If you can do all these, you can study and remember lot in less time.
Study will become fun. Finding interesting ways to discuss the topic
will fire up new connections and help you retain more. So get going
and apply these techniques this semester!!

Search This Blog